GREF Lecture and IAGA Roundtable Panel Discussion
You are kindly invited ahead of ICE London to two informative sessions on critical issues facing gaming. Held in Room 16 in ExCel’s South Gallery on Monday 3 February 2020, the GREF lecture will focus on AML best practices and strategies for regulators and will be followed by the International Association of Gaming Advisors’ (IAGA) roundtable discussion on the following topic: Industry standards continue internationally to be raised, but public confidence in the industry continues to fall – how can the industry and regulators together tackle this conundrum.
Space is limited: please RSVP by Friday 31 January 2020
16:00 Welcome remarks by GREF Chairman Jorn Starck
16:05 GREF lecture provided by AML Expert Susan Grossey
17:00 IAGA roundtable discussion moderated by IAGA President John Hagan
18:00 Coaches depart ExCel for Tower Bridge / World Regulatory Assembly Reception
1. GREF Lecture: AML Expert Susan Grossey will provide an insightful look into the challenges presented by money laundering and will cover the following:
- Idealism versus reality: what we can realistically expect licensees to (a) obtain and (b) verify during due diligence checks, with particular emphasis on the tricky areas of beneficial ownership, and of source of funds/source of wealth
- Assessing the application of the risk-based approach: this is now the standard in AML practice, and regulators need to be able to judge whether the risk-based approach is being properly understood and applied by licensees (and indeed by themselves: regulators should be applying the risk-based approach to their oversight decisions)
- Staff training concerns: how to help licensees to graduate beyond tick-box training to proper, risk-based education of staff, and perhaps looking at how regulators could co-operate to develop high quality training for this under-served sector
- Growth crime: the startling increase in high-end fraud – interesting case studies
2. IAGA Roundtable: Moderated by John Hagan, IAGA President & Partner, Harris Hagan, the panellists will include European and North American regulators and industry experts who will discuss the following:
Industry standards continue internationally to be raised, but public confidence in the industry continues to fall – how can the industry and regulators together tackle this conundrum
The panellists include:
- Bill Miller, President & CEO, American Gaming Association
- Dan Waugh, Partner, Regulus Partners
- René Jansen, Chairman, Netherlands Gambling Authority (KSA)
- Dr Michele Magro, Chief Counsel, Malta Gaming Authority
2020 World Regulatory Assembly (WRA) Cocktail Reception
Mark your calendar and plan to join us Monday evening for the annual World Regulatory Assembly cocktail reception held at Tower Bridge. One of London’s most iconic locations, Tower Bridge is one of the world’s most recognized bridges and is currently celebrating its 125th anniversary.
This is an invite only event for members of ICE London’s supporting associations, regulators, TEN members and other invited guests.
Registration is required, so don’t forget to RSVP as this annual event fills up quickly!